Usage of Common Areas
BALLSTON 880 CONDOMINIUM
UNIT OWNERS ASSOCIATION
POLICY RESOLUTION NO. 2006-5
USAGE OF COMMON AREAS
A. The Common Areas within the building are the main lobby common room (including the outside patio but not including the front desk office), theatre room, conference room, computer room and any other areas that the Board of Directors may designate.
B. If an owner or tenant wishes to use the Common Areas, he/she may do so for his/her own use and enjoyment so long as he/she has proper access and his/her use does not disturb the use and enjoyment by others.
C. For gatherings organized for more than ten (10) people, the Common Areas may be used only after the following requirements are met:
- C.l. Owner/tenant reserves the room in advance with the On-Site Manager. All reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis;
- C.2. Owner/tenant provides a security deposit in accordance with the fee schedule, made payable to Ballston 880 Condominium, to the On-Site Manager. This security will be held by the On-Site Manager until the next business day after inspection for damages has occurred;
- C.3. Owner/tenant pays a non-refundable fee in accordance with the fee schedule for any amount of time up to four (4) hours. This fee shall be payable to Ballston 880 Condominium and given to the On-Site Manager. Usage beyond the initial four (4) hour period will be subject to an additional fee in accordance with the fee schedule.
- C4. Owner/tenant completes a pre-event inspection that will occur approximately fifteen (15) minutes before the use of the room for the scheduled event. Either the On-Site Manager or a designee of the Board of Directors will conduct the inspection,
- C.5. Owner/tenant agrees to complete a post-event inspection on the following day. Either the On-Site Manager or a designee of the Board of Directors will conduct the inspection to inventory the area and any damages arising from the event.
D. Any damages arising from the scheduled event will be deducted from the security deposit.
E. Any post-event clean-up efforts will be deducted from the security deposit.
F. Any damages in excess of the amount of the security deposit will be billed to the owner/tenant reserving the room, in the form of a special assessment, if such charges are not paid in full after demand.
G. All assessed damages will include any administrative fees incurred as a result of the repair and replacement of damaged items.
H. If there are no damages and clean-up costs, the full amount of the security deposit will be returned on the next business day after the scheduled event.
I. The hours of use of the Common Areas for any event will be in accordance with the hours set forth in the Noise Policy.
J. Prohibited activities include the following:
- J.1. Alcohol cannot be sold at any function held in any Common Area.
- J.2. No charge may be assessed for attendance at an event in a Common Area where alcohol is served.
- J.3. Live bands and disc jockeys are prohibited.
K. Maximum occupancy shall be in accordance with Arlington County laws.
L. The owner/tenant reserving the Common Area will indemnify, and hold harmless the Ballston 880 Condominium, its officers, directors, employees, and agents from all claims, damages, or legal actions of any type arising from the use of the Common Area facilities or the serving of alcoholic beverages.
M. Anything outside the purview of these regulations is subject to the approval of the Policies and Covenants Committee and the Board of Directors.