BALLSTON 880 CONDOMINIUM
UNIT OWNERS ASSOCIATION
POLICY RESOLUTION NO. 04-2007-03
A. All unit owners and tenants shall comply with all stipulations in the Bylaws, with particular attention to Article XI, Section 1, part (h):
- A1. 'The maintenance, keeping, boarding and/or raising of animals, livestock, poultry or reptiles of any kind, regardless of number, shall be and is prohibited within any Residential Unit or upon any part of the Condominium Property, except that the keeping of small, orderly domestic pets (e.g. dogs, cats, caged birds) and aquarium fish is permitted subject to the limitation that no Unit Owner shall keep or maintain in excess of one orderly dog and two orderly cats." Article XI, Section 1 (h).
- A2. "Pets shall not be permitted upon the Common Elements unless accompanied by a responsible person and unless carried or leashed." Article XI, Section I (h).
- A.3. "Any Unit Owner who keeps or maintains any pet upon any portion of the property shall be deemed to have indemnified and agreed to hold the Association, each Unit Owner and the Declarant free and harmless from any loss, claim or liability of any kind or character whatever arising by reason of keeping or maintaining such pet within the Condominium." Article XI, Section I (h).
- A4. "All pets shall be registered with the Board of Directors and shall be otherwise registered and inoculated as required by law." Article XI, Section 1 (h).
- A.5. "Each pet owner shall be required to clean up any and all excrement caused by his pet on any portion of the Condominium Property." Article XI, Section 1 (h).
- A.6. 'The Board of Directors shall have the right to order any person whose pet is a nuisance to remove such pet from the Condominium." Article XI, Section 1 (h).
B. All pets shall be registered with the On-Site Manager. New residents shall register their pet(s) prior to or at the time of move-in. Existing residents who acquire a new pet shall register their pet(s) with the On-Site Manager at the time of pet acquisition. There will be a registration fee for each pet as indicated on the fee schedule.
C. Pets shall not be allowed to defecate and/or urinate on any portion of the Condominium Property, which includes the outside courtyards. All pet walks for the purpose of defecation or urination must occur off the Condominium Property.
D. The unit owner/tenant shall be responsible for any cleaning and repair fees assessed due to any stain or damage caused by a pet affiliated with the unit owner/tenant's unit. Any instance of stain or damage must be reported to the on-site manager immediately upon occurrence.
E. Any complaints shall be submitted to the On-Site Manager in writing. All complaints shall be addressed and the policies enforced in accordance with the Due Process Policy set forth by the Association.
F. For any continuing or repeated violation or disturbance, the Board reserves the right to levy fines or initiate legal action, in accordance with the Association's By-laws, regulations, and applicable local law.
G. Pets other than services animals may not at any time enter the following areas main lobby common room, theatre room, conference room, computer room, fitness center, pool deck or game room. Additionally, pets may not linger in any hallway or other common area not listed above except for the immediate purposes of entering and exiting the building.