Noise and Nuisance Guidelines
BALLSTON 880 CONDOMINIUM
UNIT OWNERS ASSOCIATION
POLICY RESOLUTION NO. 2006-6
NOISE AND NUISANCE; SOUND TRANSMISSION GUIDELINES
A. All unit owners and tenants shall comply with all stipulations in the Bylaws, with particular attention to Article XI, Section 1, parts (P) and (t):
- A.I. "No Residential Unit Owner shall make or permit any disturbing noises by himself, his family, pets, his servants, employees, agents, visitors and licensees, nor do or permit anything by such persons that will interfere with the rights, comforts or convenience of other Unit Owners." Article XI, Section 1 (P).
- A.2. "Residential Unit Owners and occupants shall exercise extreme care not to disturb other Unit Owners or occupants with excessive noise from the use of radios, televisions, musical instruments, amplifiers, or telephones." Article XI, Section 1 (t).
B. Noise-related activities shall be limited to the following times:
- B.1. Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- B.2. Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- B.3. Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- B.4. Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- B.5. Audio equipment, televisions, musical instruments, and any other noisy equipment shall be used or played at such levels as to be audible only within the individual unit. The sound level at parties or other functions shall be kept at a level as to not disturb other occupants.
C. With the exception of emergency situations requiring immediate attention to protect the safety and structural integrity of the building and its units, construction in individual units should be limited to the following times:
- C.1. Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- C.2. Saturday, Sunday, and Federal holidays: 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
D. Unit owners and tenants shall comply with any request by their neighbors to reduce volume, regardless of the time.
E. Any complaints shall be submitted to the On-Site Manager in writing. All complaints shall be addressed and the policies enforced in accordance with the Due Process policies set forth for the Association.