BALLSTON 880 CONDOMINIUM
UNIT OWNERS ASSOCIATION
POLICY RESOLUTION NO. 2006-3
A, Unit owners received at closing two (2) fobs per unit for access to the building.
- A.1. Any issues tracked to a specific fob shall be the responsibility of that fob's owner.
- A.2. All lost or stolen fobs must be reported to the On-Site Manager for deactivation by no later than the business day following loss or theft.
- A.3. For security purposes, twice per year, inactive fobs that have not been used in over six months will be identified, and a letter sent to those fob's owners. If the fob is not used within one month of the date of the letter, that fob will be deemed lost or stolen, and will be deactivated.
- A.4. There is no fee to re-activate a fob in an owner's possession which may have stopped working. Requests to re-activate an owner's existing fob must be made by the unit owner to the On-Site Manager.
- A.5. All fob replacement, additional fob, or guest fob requests must be made by the unit owner.
B. Replacement of a fob, whether lost or stolen, shall be subject to a fob replacement fee, and must be requested by the unit owner.
- B.1. The fee to replace a fob will be assessed per instance, in accordance with the fee schedule, payable to Ballston 880 Condominium.
- B.2. Issuance of a replacement fob shall be handled by the On-Site Manager after submission of the owner's fob replacement fee.
- B.3. The On-Site Manager will deactivate the fob being replaced prior to providing the owner with the replacement fob.
C. Guest fobs will be available for rental by residents of Ballston 880 Condominium.
- C.1. Guest fob rentals shall be restricted to the following situations:
- i. For the use of visitors staying with residents of Ballston 880 Condominium.
- ii. For the use of a realtor working on behalf of a Ballston 880 Condominium unit owner.
- C.2. All guest fob requests must be made by a unit owner.
- C.3. All Guest fob rentals shall be subject to a non-refundable fee plus a refundable security deposit in accordance with the fee schedule. The payment shall be payable to Ballston 880 Condominium.
- C.4. Guest fob rental period:
- i. Guest fobs for the use of visitors staying with residents of Ballston 880 Condominium may be rented for a period of up to two consecutive weeks (Fourteen days) at one time.
- ii. Guest fobs for the use of a realtor working on behalf of a Ballston 880 unit owner may be rented until the on-site building access needs of the realtor are no longer needed (unit is sold or owner dismisses realtor).
- a. A fob rented for use by a realtor must be stored and locked in a secure lock box in the building entrance at all times when not in use.
- b. The unit owner is responsible for paying the fob rental fee for the entire period the fob is assigned to the realtor (period in which the lock box is kept in the building entrance).
- C.5. Only one guest fob may be rented for a unit at any time (regardless of realtor use).
- C.6. Issuance of a guest fob will be handled by the On-Site Manager after the following requirements have been met:
- i. Payment of the security deposit and rental fees in accordance with the fee schedule, and
- ii. Submission of the unit owner and guest fob user's name and contact information.
- C.7. Unit owners renting guest fobs shall be held responsible for any issues tracked back to the guest fob.
- C.8. All lost or stolen guest fobs must be reported to the On-Site Manager for deactivation by no later than the business day following loss or theft.
- C.9. The security deposit will be refunded to the unit owner upon on-time return of the guest fob. Rental fees are non-refundable.
- C.10. Late or no return of guest fobs will result in loss of the security deposit. Such guest fobs shall be deactivated and rendered useless.